Psoriasis Causes, Triggers, Treatment, and More
The skin is the body’s largest organ, so it’s imperative that we take care of it, especially in the summer months. Just one unprotected day in the sun, exposed to powerful ultraviolet rays, can leave a lasting impact. Psoriasis causes it is an immune-mediated disease that causes raised, scaly patches on the skin due to systemic inflammation. It is a condition that typically improves with humidity and sunshine. It is a type of skin disorder that may cause itchiness & discomfort. Plaque psoriasis, the most common type, causes thick, scaly patches, and treatment can help keep symptoms under control.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disorder, which means a skin condition that doesn’t go away. People with psoriasis have thick pink or red patches of skin covered with white or silvery scales. The thick scaly patches are called plaques.
Psoriasis usually starts in early adulthood, though it can begin later in life. People of any age, gender, or race can get psoriasis. It can get better and worse through life. Psoriasis is most found on the elbows, knees, nails, and scalp.
What are the other types of psoriasis?
There are several forms of psoriasis, but in general, the disease is characterized by the appearance of one or more clearly demarcated patches of skin, red in color and covered with dry, whitish skin flakes (scales). When these patches are scratched or scraped off, the skin remains red underneath with no other marks. There are several subtypes of psoriasis, but the appearance of one or more well-defined red patches is the most common. The areas most affected are the hands, feet, and scalp.
1. Plaque Psoriasis- it is the most common form of psoriasis and is found in about 80 -90 percent of people living with psoriasis.
Symptoms- itchiness, patches of rough, red skin with silvery white scales, site pain and irritation, bleeding at the site, and broken skin.
2. Postular Psoriasis- this psoriasis causes pus-filled bumps on the hands and feet.
Symptoms- extremely painful skin, red, swollen skin on the feet and hands covered with pus-filled bumps, and brown dots that may scale as the bumps dry.
3. Inverse Psoriasis- this type of psoriasis develops in skin folds and parts of the body where skin touches the skin, such as the armpits, buttocks, and genitals.
Symptoms- skin patches that look raw, smooth, red patches in skin folds, such as the armpits and under the breasts, and painful skin.
4. Scalp Psoriasis- this type affects the scalp and may extend to the forehead, ears, or neck.
Symptoms- thin or thick, red patches of skin on the scalp that may extend to the forehead, ears, or neck, dandruff-like flaking, silvery scaling, itching, and hair loss in areas where thick plaques develop.
Causes of Psoriasis
Psoriasis causes is still not fully understood, but it’s thought to involve a disturbance in the immune system. The presence of white blood cells in psoriasis plaques suggested this. Psoriasis is caused by the immune system overreacting & causing inflammation that leads to rapid production of skin cells.
You can also read - Retinol for skin Benefits, Uses & Side effects
What triggers psoriasis?
There are several factors that can trigger psoriasis include
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Skin injury, such as a cut, scrape, sunburn, or bug bite
- Weather, typically cold, dry conditions
- Certain medications
- Various infections
- Exposure to air conditioning
- Exposure to chlorine
Natural treatments for psoriasis
There is no real cure for psoriasis, but treatment with SNAANA organic & natural 100% chemical free products can give you a better quality of life & products and reduced flare-ups.
Strictly following these aromatherapy recipes will help reduce the discomfort psoriasis can cause and in turn improve your psychological health.
1. SNAANA Goat Milk Soap – Marigold- Thyme soap for Psoriasis
This organic (in-house) SNAANA psoriasis soap soothes and moisturizes your skin, 100% chemical & preservatives and steroids-free. Gentle cleanser-best suitable for intensely dry skin. Helps to control eczema-psoriasis skin conditions caused by an autoimmune disorder, stress, climatic conditions, or regular exposure to chemical-based products. The ingredients used in the making of psoriasis soap are cold-pressed oils, steam-distilled essential oil, and herb-infused oils useful in these very conditions.
2. SNAANA Psoriasis treatment kit
SNAANA psoriasis treatment kit includes herbs-infused hair & body oil and goat milk psoriasis treatments soaps that are 100% organic and chemical-free. This psoriasis treatments kit has a lot of benefits such as –
- It provides gentle & effective care for the skin
- Restores the skin PH
- Reduces itch, inflammation, and redness
- 100% free from chemical/preservatives and steroids
- Suitable for face & body care for all age groups.
3. SNAANA Juniper-Hemp Seed Face Cream for Psoriasis Skin Conditions
Best face cream to heal and nourish dry scaly, itchy, cracked, and inflamed skin. Free from steroids. This psoriasis face cream has a lot of benefits such as-
- Heals and nourishing dry, itchy, scaly, cracked, and inflamed skin.
- 100% chemical & preservative free formulation free from steroids.
- Rapid long last miniaturization and hydration rejuvenate skin’s firmness & plumpness
- Made with plant-derived oils and butter and essential oils.
- Benefits eczema & psoriasis skin conditions